Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Shayne and some of his dental buddies vetoed Halloween this year because they had a huge test to study for. Some of the other wives and I decided we didn't care and we were going to have fun regardless, so we got together at our house and had a fun girls night. We ate yummy soup for dinner and decorated sugar cookies (I think we ate more of the decorating candies then we actually used on the cookies but that was half the fun of it) Thanks Raquel for the soup and cookies it was all so tasty. We were going to decorate pumpkins but were having too much fun chatting - we talked into the wee hours of the morning, ok only until midnight but it was late enough seeing as we all had to work the next day. I didn't want my pumpkins to go to waste so I carved a few on my own, not too shabby eh? Halloween is a bit different here in Ohio we didn't get any trick-or-treaters because apparently everyone sits outside on their lawns and waits for the kids to come around. Seeing as we had plans inside we didn't have any kids come to the door. I don't know how I feel about it, I guess it is nice for the kids apparently it is meant to be safer for them. However, I don't know about you but I used to think half the fun of trick-or-treating was ringing people's doorbells and besides, who wants to sit outside in the dark and freeze just to hand out candy? Oh how the world has changed - at least in Ohio anyway!
Raquel, Krista and Molly showing off their finished cookies.
A closeup of the yummy cookies just to make your mouth water!
It's hard to tell the top one is a spider, that one took awhile because some of it was so thin.
They don't sell pumpkins by the pound here which is kind of nice I got these 3 for $5.oo and they were all huge - it was great! The puppies (above is Belle and below Zoey) didn't know quite what to think of the pumpkins at first but they had fun jumping on them and sniffing around them.

0 comments: