

Well ladies and gentleman I am here to tell you that we are not prepared, so we shall fear! I just went to an Emergency Preparedness Enrichment last night - bad idea! Now I am having panic attacks realizing that I am not as prepared as I thought.
Do you have a fire extinguisher?
Do you have a plan for your pets?
Do you have an out of state contact?
Do you have a meeting place?
No No No and No ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! A tornado is going to come rip the roof off our house and then we're screwed (well at least this is what I was thinking at the time). Funny how these little reminders get to you, but that is why I am greatful for Relief Society (although I didn't get much relief) because where would I be without the reminders? You got it - sitting in the cold with no first aid, no shelter and no dogs etc etc! So... I had to post about this so the rest of you can be anxious and scared right along with me. I didn't want to be selfish and be the only one feeling guilty :) Seriously though, I just wanted to put this out there because the speaker last night made a good point. She said in a nut shell that if we will just do one thing this weekend to get more prepared then we are better off than before. Thus, my first project da da da da... a fire extinguisher and making a plan for my precious dogs, poor things are so helpless. Props to all you that have kids I am having a hard enough time figuring out what just the 2 of us will do in an emergency let alone adding our dogs into the picture. Just to make myself feel better I have to say that I think we have a pretty good food storage (thanks to my mom). However, I think that is my problem. I get so focused on one area and do really well that I forget about all the rest. What good is food going to do me if I catch on fire and can't extinguish it - you get my drift. So everybody this is me telling you I am getting prepared because I would rather be 2 years too early than 5 minutes too late! (That was for you Candice)
4 comments:
Sherri-
zacherikajacobs@yahoo.com. Shoot me an email! So fun to keep in touch!
Erika
Awesome...now I am even more screwed! I was feeling guilty for not having any food storage, now I have all new guilt!
Ahhhh! I loved it. that little quote just gets ya.
You know what you need to be prepared for? Michigan!! Just Kidding! Buckeyes aren't so bad I guess.
Post a Comment