Monday, September 8, 2008

THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS

We, or maybe we should say, I, decided to try my hand at gardening this year and I must say I am very excited about the outcome. I still have pumpkins going strong so I can't wait to see how those will turn out. It's nice to see the "fruits of our labors", well really my labors. I will gave some credit to Shayne - he did water faithfully for a week while I was out of town and he was very supportive and happy to partake when all was said and done. Which is why I think I'm a bit more excited about all this than he is. After all that watering and weeding I think I would have been pretty bummed if I didn't get something out of it!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BREAKING DAWN

I'm pretty sure this may make some of you a bit upset but I'm sorry I just have to post about it. Don't worry I won't spoil anything! So, I just finished the much anticipated, last book of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. If you know me, you know that I was very reluctant to start this series but then once I was convinced became quickly enchanted by these books, or, let's be honest Edward. Don't believe me? Well, if you remember, I was crazy enough to post all about it here (I'm Obsessed!) back in November. I was very mad once I finished the 3rd to find out I had to wait for this 4th one. I thought I would be one of those individuals preordering the book and reading it in 2 days, unable to put it down. For some reason I just didn't have the urge to read it when it came out. I think it's because I knew once I read it, it was over and I wasn't ready to part with it. Thus, I just barely finished it. Thank goodness!! I would have been really mad had I rushed to read it only to be disappointed. So, yes this is the point of this post.... just a little rant if you will. I did not like this book. I was so bummed and expected so much more. However, Ms. Meyer does have a way of keeping your interest and so I did find myself wanting to keep reading to see what would happen next. That's about the only good thing I can say about it unfortunately. It just wasn't a good end for me, and.....I wish there would have been more Edward involved. That's all I will say so as not to spoil for those of you that haven't read it. Sorry for those of you that loved it, I just didn't! Oh, and don't even get me started on the movie (that's a whole different post), I hate who they picked to be Edward!

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hello...we are loving CA. Mitch just started his third week. He is liking it more and more as it gets into dental stuff a little deeper. Anyway, we do love it here, but it would be nice to have a garden...or a yard for that matter! And, unfortunately I have to disagree with you about Breaking Dawn. I finished it, oh, about three hours ago and I thought it was a perfect ending. Oh well. :) Hope all is well!!

candice said...

OH i am there with you. I agree. I don't know what i expected... but I expected more.

Raquel said...

I've got to hurry and finish it so I can see if I agree. So far there's a lot of weird stuff happening now so I have to say I hope it gets better.

Tiff-E said...

Yeah, I love gardening, when you get to eat the stuff you worked so hard to grow...too bad they never look like the big store bought ones huh! We have 14 tomato plants this year, and they are like a forest all together...so fun!!!
Breaking Dawn...yeah, can I just say, I was frustrated from the beginning, how, if he can't even produce tears can he provide the things needed to produce a child...enough said...

Alysha said...

Totally with you on this one! Don't get me wrong, i was still entertained enough to finish the book, but was somewhat bummed with the outcome. Nothing really exciting, just resolved.

Annie said...

I wasn't all that thrilled with the book either. I am so impressed with your garden. How did you manage it in the condos? I am very impressed.

Ben and Natalie said...

Ditto on the movie cast... AT FIRST. So after finishing ALL of the book in under a week I decided to check out the trailer because I just had to see hot Edward. I hated it! I was so disappointed. I did a little more "looking" into the movie and still decided that I hate Bella's character but Edward is definitely growing on me. I saw a bunch of pictures of him and have now decided that he is pretty cute... not HOT... but cute. So on to the book..... It was not my fave of the series but I didn't hate it. I am super sad after putting up such a fight to NOT read these books that it is now over. I think that she should write another one about their life. Oh well. I am starting The Host soon to see if I like that one too.

As for your garden... CONGRATS! I am proud of my best friend't green thumb. :) ha ha Now I know you are excited about this cruise that you are going on this weekend but I hate to tell you that it isn't going to be much fun for you. So.... Cruise Schmuise. Now you might ask why I say you aren't going to have fun. Well, I am not going to be there and we both know that I am the life of the party. JUST KIDDING. I am sure that you will have a blast and I expect a monster post when you get back. LOVE YOU!!!

Ben and Natalie said...

Oh yeah one more thing after my MONSTER comment..... I am no longer your Washington friend and I am now your Colorado friend. That really should be changed soon because I have been here for 3 weeks. ha ha Call me before you go so we can catch up.

Jason and Ashlee said...

Hey Sherri... look at you, the little green thumb. Very impressive veggies from the garden. I'm kinda in agreement with you on Breaking Dawn. I felt it had a lot of overused words and descriptions, and the end - I thought more would happen, but I still liked the book. However - I totally agree with you on the movie. The Edward in my mind is so much hotter. I'm sure I'll still see it though. Have fun on your cruise - i'm jealous!!!

April said...

I couldn't agree more! I thought the book was pretty boring. And Edward for the movie...yuck! Not good looking at all. I did love the first three books...maybe I'm just over the whole vampire thing.

megs said...

Thats some impressive produce!! My garden was no where near as fortunate...

megs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trent and Whit said...

I didn't like it either. It was a quick read but so dissapointing. And I wasn't even expecting too much. (I'm not a huge fan of the series itself) Makes me very grateful for Harry Potter. :)

Matt & Katie said...

I completely agree with you on the book! It just was really weird and yes - I wanted more Edward too! That was the only reason I read the books:) Are you planning on seeing the movie in Nov.? I'm nervous to see it - I don't want it to ruin the books for me!
I'm super impressed of your sweet gardening skills - You'll have to show us a pic. of your pumpkins when they are ready! We need to get together and hang out:)

Allyson said...

HI NEW friend! This is Ally from the barbecue and the ward. I'm jealous of your cruise...looks SO fun! Congrats on the garden...and I ALSO hated the book! I'm so glad someone else did! See you soon! I'm at kevinandally.blogspot.com