What would a visit to Utah be without Cafe Rio? We love that place and went more than once. I actually went to Utah before Shayne while he took his finals, so I was able to catch up with some of my best friends (I cheered with these 3 girls) Richelle and her cute son Jack, Sarah and Bo, it was so fun to see you guys!
My good friend Adam Archer (he was also our SBO President in highschool) was having a surprise bday party and I was just lucky enough to be there for it. It was like a mini highschool reunion since I hadn't seen some of these guys since highschool, almost 10 years now - wow!
Kia and Killi
I love these dogs (my parent's) and miss them so much! I miss having big dogs!!
Sherri headed to Cali with her fam, we've made it a tradition to go every summer - Shayne was still stuck in Ohio studying (good job babe!)
First stop Oceanside
Sherri's parents own a timeshare this isn't the best pick but it looks so pretty at night!
Sherri's family has a fun time goofing around, who doesn't! This is her silly little bro Darren doing his raptor impression!
Thought you only saw this many bubbles in the movies - think again! This is Sherri's other little bro Scott messing around, he wanted to see how many bubbles he could make - apparently a lot!
We definitely did a lot of this - we absolutely love the ocean and the weather was awesome!
Isn't this just the picture of paradise? I love palm trees they are the best!!
This guy was hilarious, just out on the beach like noone was watching, practicing his karate!
He was very entertaining and kept us busy for awhile!
More of this!!
Yay, Shayne finally caught up with us after all his hard studying. We headed up to Huntington Beach, possibly our favorite spot!
Medieval Times
If you've never been we'd highly recommend it, it's very entertaining. It is a dinner show with live jousting and sword fighting. You sit at long tables like this and watch the show.
The food is even midieval - cornish game hens
Some yummy soup - no utensils, you eat everything with your hands
Each section cheers for their own knight - ours was the Blue Knight
He didn't win but he put up a good fight
We both caught a flower that the Blue Knight threw to us. What are the chances we both got one, he didn't throw that many! Guess he knows a good cheering section when he sees one!
There is a torture museum you can walk through before dinner starts. It was pretty interesting and some of it was really gross we decided to just put this one pic up because it was extra disturbing to Shayne
If you can read this (double click on the pic and it will make it bigger) you can see why it would bother a future dentist, makes me hurt just reading about it. Honestly, did people really used to do this kind of sick stuff?

Click on this link if you want to see a video of what we experienced - so fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfPKwQmFGuk
Shayne was finally able to get some R&R in after all his hard work
We love walking on the piers, there's just something about it! This particular day we were watching all the surfers from above, man are they good!
This was the view from our timeshare, isn't it awesome. Seeing as Shayne has become quite the golfer as of late every time he looked out the window it made him mad he wasn't out there.
There are some definite must haves that we always partake of when we are in Cali. I don't think I can count how many times in this one trip we went here, as Shayne would say, "Delicious"!


Sherri had to chase Minnie down that woman is popular!
Matterhorn - need we say more!
We always love the rides that take your pics, some of the faces are priceless! (These shots didn't turn out the greatest cause it's a pic of a pic but still fun)
And of course, more food! Turkey legs for all - even Sherri and her mom had one.
They were greasy but worth it!
Apparently there is this private(hidden club), Club 33 at Disneyland. We found the hidden door but couldn't get in, hmmm wonder what's inside?
This is the restaurant in the Pirates of the Carribean ride we went with our friends Dan & Holly. It was really good food (yes we are eating again) and such a fun atmosphere!
Shayne was in heaven, we went to the tortilla factory where they showed us how they mass produce tortillas and then gave us a hot sample!
Dan and Holly Lujan - friends of ours from Utah (Sherri grew up across the street from Holly) that live in Oregon now just happened to be in Cali at the same time. We met up with them for and Angels Game and again at Disneyland
Angel Stadium is awesome
It was a bobble head night so it was very crowded and bonus, we got free bobbleheads!
Ballpark food is the best!
Such a great buffet and it was even decorated for the dad's!
We were admiring these bikes and the owner just happened to be standing by watching us so he let us jump on for a snapshot!
Sherri's dad loooooves sunflower seeds so we made sure he got a years supply!
What would Father's Day be without cheesecake?
Sherri's fam - Happy Father's Day Dads we love you both!
A little horse after to work off that cheesecake!
It was fun to catch up with so many friends! Does it seem like everyone is having girls lately or is just me? Well not these guys, cutest little boy ever! He has grown so much since we saw him at Christmas, what happened to the brown hair?
Kaylie - she has grown sooo much too!
Love the half pigtail, she was awaiting a little brother who arrived after Sherri left so we never got a pic but he is super cute!
Our friends Shawn and Tiff Nelson were also on town from Connecticut and had us out boating at East Canyon
Their killer boat - we always have so much fun!
Do not be deceived, they may look warm now but it was freezing, the water anyway.
It was 52 degrees!
No matter, it gets warm after you are in right? At least that's what we kept telling ourselves, we weren't about to miss out on a chance to wakeboard just cause the water was cold!
The idea is to catch the wave and then let go of the rope and surf it. I did but unfortunately Shayne isn't the photographer in the family and just happened to get this one lame shot of me. But...I had to put it on so you could see I also braved the cold - and yes I did let go of the rope!
Then there's Shawn, he's the pro, you can see him surfing the wave - he makes it look easy!
Just don't ask!
Caballo Negro
Our friend Ryan Money owns this energy drink company - we were all having fun taste testing!
Just trying to warm up!
Yep those are my 16 year old brother's rock hard legs can you believe it? Not so little anymore I guess! Again part of the Caballo Negro commercials we were doing, if you watch them this pic will make more sense!



































19 comments:
Wow! That is a lot of pictures. It was funny to see the old Singers clan back together!
I love all your pictures! It looks like you guys had an AMAZING time!
Ok here is your long awaited comment.....
Oceanside!!! Love it! Born there and since we are kind of related, I think that I should be invited to the family trip next year. What do you think?
I love all of your pictures. I am so horrible at taking pictures, so I love looking at all of yours. I am glad that you had such a good trip & got to do so many fun things.
I miss your family soooo much. I can't believe how everyone is getting so much older and grown up. In one of the father's day pics... is that Scott's GF? I can't even start to believe that Darren is 16 and Christy can travel on her own. Man, we have gotten old! I love your cute Mommy & Daddy. Tell your mommy that if she invites me to Cali next year that we can do a double feature. That should definitely get me an invite. :)
Love you guys and you better come visit us when we move out of this horrible town called SPOKANE!!! Is this comment long enough and up to your standards????? hmmmm?? LOVE YOU
You guys did a lot of fun things! It's so nice to take a vacation. I didn't know you went to Disney Land! I'm jealous!
Looks like you had fun. Sorry we weren't able to see you when you were here. Good luck Shayne with the rest of your schooling (it's good to be done).
Man you guys packed in a ton! Looks like fun and always nice to get a visit in to Utah. I have never seen a bucket of sunflower seeds that big--WOW is all I can say!
Wow...the pics of you, Pat, April, and Adam bring back lots of memories. Let me know next time you are in Utah - we'll hook up for some Cafe Rio.
Wow, it all looks like fun, but where was the old neighborhood party while you were in Utah?!? J/K
You are such a cutie in all the pictures and it was fun to see your family. I haven't seen any of them forever, fun stuff!
Wow, it looks like a blast! Your swimsuit is so cute, where did you get it? I always notice swimsuits, I collect them like a woman would naturally collect shoes lol!
It looks like you guys had so much fun. It was good to see familiar faces from Brighton. I can't believe it has been almost 10 years. Crazy as it sounds, some days I wish I were back in high school - I had a lot of fun. You and Shayne look adorable.
Sherri, I didn't know you guys went to California! So fun. We fly there this Saturday. We'll hit Disneyland, The Price is Right, the Beaches, Sea World, etc. Oh, and the private Club 33 at Disneyland . . . Dan's aunt and uncle are members, so we've gotten in before. We might do it again next week. So funny you guys saw that! Most people don't realize it's there!
holy cow, what a trip! and i even saw your leg wrestling match..very impressive...could make for a fun enrichment activity!:) glad you guys are back!
HOLY FREAKING PICTURES! I didn't think I would make it to the end. I have gray hairs now. What year is it?
Wahoo! Welcome back to the blogging world, you have been missed for sure! I'm so glad we got to see you guys while you were here! We really miss you guys tons...and it's always so fun when you're in town!!! Come back soon!!!!!!!!
Ok..... I leave you the longest freakin' comment and you can't even comment back on my blog???? I guess we aren't as bestest friends as I thought. JUST KIDDING. LOVE YOU!
I didn't know that you guys were here in Utah. It would have been fun to see you. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am sure that Shayne was in heaven with all of the good food that you guys ate. I would also be eating all the mexican food I could. It was fun to hear what Money was up to. I haven't seen him for years. He and I grew up in the same neighborhood. I wanted to tell Shayne that I am going to the hated rival Michigan for the Utah game this year. I can't wait. I am expecting them to have a huge year. If you guys ever come back let us know. Take care and keep in touch.
Todd
Holy cow, that was a lot of pictures. You've had a busy summer so far and it's only the middle of July. The beach (Huntington?) in California looked heavenly. It was fun to see some old BHS faces. It's crazy how many years it's been.
You warned us about all the pictures, but woah! You guys played hard!
OK so your comment was well worth the wait. I love all of our memories together. If feels like we have known each other FOREVER. You are truly the bestest friend ever, Love you!!!
Post a Comment