We are a little delayed in posting as we have been gone awhile but thought we'd share how our 4th of July was this year - AWESOME!! If you thought that last post had lots of pics, think again! We warned you on the last one it was going to take awhile to catch up so continue at your own risk!
We drove up to Stamford Connecticut to stay with our good friends the Shawn and Tiff Nelson, and had such a blast. We got there just in time to see fireworks over the water the first night (Seems like everyone does fireworks on the 3rd out this way, not quite sure why?) Can you believe Sherri didn't get one pic of this!
The Nelson's chihuahuas Hollywood and Georgia kept us company since we were homesick for our girls!

Shawn and Tiff live right on the water this marina is right out their back door!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the 4th we headed into NYC (Sherri's favorite place), we had all been there except Shayne so we gave him the royal tour and hit all the popular sites
NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE
Random cool church in the middle of all the high rises
The LDS temple!! You would think it was just another building if it
weren't for the Angel Moroni on top
CENTRAL PARK
LADY LIBERTY
BROOKLYN BRIDGE

NYC from a distance
Only in NYC can you get away with a larger than life head of Eddie Murphy - RANDOM!
Only on the Subway will you find a live mariachi band!

Of course we had to go by the Bronx and Harlem
CHINA TOWN
We still have yet to find good chinese food in Ohio so we were thrilled to eat here. Shawn found us a very authentic restaurant and we had the best dumplings ever! Our whole meal was only $13 for the 4 of us - now that is good food!

TIMES SQUARE

TIMES SQUARE AT NIGHT
Messin Around
They had a bunch of little stands with shopping and food for the holiday. It was fun to browse and buy a few things.
Shawn introduced us to an Asian drink called Bubble Tea. Basically it is a fruit drink with these weird rice balls (the black things you see at the bottom) You have a fat straw so the balls come up as you drink - takes a little getting used to but was really good!
Some darn good corn!

We both had some caricatures done - this picture is to show you how a good one turns out! Shayne and I had a different guy and weren't quite so fortunate - pretty sure it was his first time!

So this is how ours turned out - looks just like Sherri don't you think?
Of course after we saw this we didn't continue on with Shayne but now I wish we would have just so we could see what would have happened
We were all laughing so hard at how different they turned out.

We went back to the other guy later and he did us some justice - we don't have a pic of the finished product but you can tell Sherri is looking a bit different!
ELLEN'S STARDUST DINER
If you are ever in NY this is a must! Again the Nelson's introduced us to this place. At this diner all the waiters/waitresses are broadway stars either just trying to get a gig or in between gigs. So....they all sing broadway songs while they are serving you, to make a little money and keep their voices from getting rusty while they wait for their next part.
Our waitress loved how loud we were cheering. She had Shayne and Shawn stand up in front of everyone help her on one of the songs. It was really funny, if I could ever get videos to upload on here you could actually see it for yourself.
WICKED
We absolutely loved it and were so excited we were able to get tickets

HAPPY 4th OF JULY FROM THE BIG APPLE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We spent a day at 6 flags NJ - it was kind of over cast and even rained a little but made for a perfect day cause there weren't very many people

We had fun playing a bunch of games, you can see who rocked it on this particular one

This is one of the world's largest and fastest rollercoasters. Yes that is a straight drop down! It went over 100mph - what a rush!

Faking a smile just before, we may have been a bit nervous but we aren't admitting to it!

As much as Sherri loves amusement parks, her stomach doesn't always feel the same. She had to sit out a few times to recoup.

However, she was glad to do it cause she was able to watch this little cutie, isn't she sweet!
Sherri looooves dolphins so we were sure to make it to the dolphin show, very impressive they are such talented animals
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were lucky to get tickets to a Yankee/Red Sox game. It was so much fun!

Yep that would be A-Rod and Jeeter
We were able to see one of A-Rods many home runs, how does he do it?
The old Yankee Stadium - this is it's last year!
I couldn't get a good pic of the new stadium cause it' was dark but you get the idea, it is really nice!
This is the new one again sorry it's so dark

Sorry James and Sam and any of you other Red Sox fans, hope we can still be friends!

Wish you could see this one better too. Behind us is the subway after the game, it was insane! Thank goodness we drove ourselves! If you double click on the pic you may be able to see it better.

Thanks guys - we had such a fun time - see you next 4th of July!

On the way home Shayne was obsessed with finding a redbox. He insisted that since we were wasting our hours driving we may as well be productive and watch movies at the same time. Somehow we ended up at Penn State, but at least we found our Red Box right. It turned our 8/9 hour drive into 14hour but I do have to admit it made the drive much more enjoyable.
24 comments:
YAY for more pictures. I love your marathon posts. It is something nice to read through when I am at work. ha ha You look fantastic as ever. Oh yeah... and we are making a decision on where we are going to school in a day or two but it is looking like Colorado here we come! I will let you know for sure though.
Looks like an INCREDIBLE time! Thanks for sharing.
What a great trip. I am so wanting to go to New York City! Just seeing your pictures makes me want to go even more. Hey I would love it if you would like to come see me this Sunday. I have family coming into town the next two weeks and will be busy with them.
Thanks for sharing this amazing trip with us. I will have to talk to you about it some more.
Love,
Heather :)
Looks like you had lots of fun! You saw tons of cool things! I'm jealous!
i really need to learn how to take great trips like you two! seriously..new york looks so fun! i love your 4th of july pix with the statue of liberty!
I'M SO JEALOUS:) You guys saw tons of stuff and looks like you had a blast! You guys need to plan our weekends because your always have the best ideas! I love all your pictures:)
I am so jealous!! It took me 4 years to get Dan to go to Disneyland so now I have to start working on NY. You got to see Wicked!!! It is coming to Portland in the spring and I am going with my sister. I love NY and I am glad you guys had an awesome time.
Rough life these days it looks like! Glad you guys are out having fun and seeing lots of places while you have the chance. Funny you should say Terrie said to ask where the EB outlet is--she would drop at least $200 every time she came to visit us in Ohio there. The address is 4599 Fisher Road--keep going S on Hilliard Rome Rd. past the E bound I-70 entrance and the next main L I believe is Fisher. It's great!
How super fun! NYC is my favorite city too, I'm feeling the need to go again....thanks for all the great pics!
We liked NY ok except it smelled funny and there were too many Yankee Fans with their fake jewelry around their necks. GO SOX!! Shayne, next time I see you if you're wearing that evil shirt you just got at Yankee stadium I'm going to burn it off your chest. Hopefully you can get the shirt off before it gives you 3rd degree burns in the shape of a "B." Other than that we can still be friends, I guess. GO SOX!!! GO SOX!!!!
I'm pretty sure this post bans you from Sam's blog. You'll have to ask him.
Ohhh, YAHOO FOR NEW YORK!!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!
How sad that you went to an awesome game, but bought the wrong team's gear...you should've had us with you to help guide you in your purchases... Better luck next time!!! :)
Looks like you had as much fun as we did. That is so funny about our trips. We are going to Anaheim in two weeks for the beach and the Yankees/Angels series, are you going there too??? :) You look great and like life is good. Its fun to keep in touch!
James is right...you are banned from my blog and from my friendship. IT IS OVER! Fine, not really...but I am sad. I am going to go take pictures with Michigan shirts and hats! That will show you!
so i've finally checked out your blog! All i can say is i'm so GLAD someone else posts as many pics as i do! ha ha...i love looking at pics! You guys packed in a TON in NY! So fun! I hope to go to "NY" one day (not just to palmyra)! You friends are such troopers taking their little one! She's a doll! Glad you had fun!
Hey it looks like you guys had fun we are going to try and go to newyork in sept and stay with some friends I am excited!
Man you guys are having quite the summer. We took a family trip to New York and it is a very fun place to visit. Shayne we will definitely have to hook up at the Michigan game. I can't wait for it any longer!!! Here is my cell# (801) 628-3302. I want to get up early on gameday and take in the campus and all of the tailgating festivities!!!!
Todd
Looks like you had a lot of fun. We are going there next month so you gave us some ideas on what to do. By the way, what a cute couple!
Your trips look like so much fun. I love New York and want to go back sooner than later - I need to get Jason there. I love being able to stay in touch over the blog. Hope all is well.
Oh my gosh that looked liked so much fun!! Isn't NYC the best...we are supposed to head out to visit my fam in Sept!! That makes me even more excited! Your tummy is like mine...I can't hang for the most part @ the amusement parks, dang it! I love the pic of you and your hubbie in the Yanks hats...you 2 are such a hot couple!! Well it looks like you guys are havin' too much fun! Keep in touch!
Great Pics!! We LOVED Wicked when we saw it in Chicago!! New York is so fun!!
Isn't NYC the absolute best! It looks like you all had such a blast and I am totally jealous. Shawn is a dad? crazy!
Keep the long posts and loads of pics coming-fabulous!
looks like you had and are having a great summer. Love taking trips.
Post a Comment