Sunday, May 17, 2009

RACE FOR THE CURE

Shout out to all you breast cancer survivors out there and those of you fighting it right now. I went with some friends to run in Race for the Cure on Saturday and it was so fun. There were 45,00 people there to support the cause all in pink: pink wigs, leggings, tattoos, capes... you name it - I just love it. I wish we would have taken some pics of everyone decked out.
Checking out all our free goodies - of course all things pink!
Shayne's Grandma (aka Pacer) is a breast cancer survivor and his Great Grandma Sandy just passed away from it last year so I was running in their honor.
Heather, Me, Annie and Allyson Thanks girls for going with me it was such a fun morning - let's do it again next year!
Allyson and I still haven't fully recouped from our 1/2 marathon. Her foot has been hurting ever since and my knee has been bugging me. We ran this anyway! What's 3 miles after you've done 13 right...wrong! We paid for it after - but it was all worth it anything to help fight for the cure! I think you can tell from the pic Ally is hurting a bit more than me - your poor foot, way to go for running anyway!

9 comments:

Gazdik Family said...

The biggest race for the cure in US. Look at you!! You are definatlly a runner!!

Catherine said...

Hi!!! It's been so long since I've "checked up" on you guys. It's always so fun to see all of your adventures. I love how you make the most of Ohio and go do and see everything. How fun! If we are ever out that way, we would love to come play with you. Hope you guys are well and enjoying your little ones :0)

Raquel said...

Way to go with your knee and everything! Such a trooper!

Annie said...

That was so much fun. We must do it every year. I had a great time with you girls.

Tyler and Sunni said...

Good for you Sheri, what a great cause. I can't wait to get back in shape to go running again. But so far I've enjoyed being lazy.

Zach and Erika said...

I don't think I would want to run again so soon after doing a 1/2 marathon, so good job!

colin and jana said...

I am such a big wuss! I would never be able to run that far. Good job!

Tiff-E said...

Yay! Good for you! I felt the same...after running 13, what's 3 more...running's always hard on ya though... I am liking your shirts better than ours though, ours had pink and a weird green on them...Anyway, way to go...fun that we both just ran the same races, just in different states...too bad you weren't here, we could have trained together....bummer. Miss you. and um, happy birthday in 4 days, in case I don't get back to the computer before then... :)

Ally said...

Yeah...that picture is AWESOME.:) HA HA HA You are the best running partner EVER! Thanks for pulling me through!! (and I also miss Sno Shack more than life!)