If I would have told you I was going to run a half marathon before I did you probably would have all died laughing (for those of you that know me well), knowing that I am no runner. For a long time I couldn't even believe I had agreed to do it. Well, I did in fact run 13 miles on Saturday and here is the proof.

Bright and early at 6:30 am on the way to the race.

Being crazy pre-race we were all pretty hyped up!

The infamous O-H-I-O that everyone spells out here for games and just at random
These are the 3 awesome girls out here that I decided to run it with. They were so motivating and pushed me even when I thought I couldn't do it - thanks guys!

Just some more great girls that ran as well

Between the 4 of us we didn't think we would really run together but rather wait for each other at the finish line. Taunya and I ended up keeping the same pace for about 10miles - thanks Taunya I couldn't have done it without you! Taunya's husband would ride his bike ahead and cheer us on and take pics it really kept us going. Not sure when this was but it has to be early on cause I'm still smiling

They gave us these medals at the end - even better I love having something to show for what I've done. Just for the record I was not doing this to "race" but just to say I had and could do it. I kept telling everyone I would probably never do it again. After actually being there and finishing I will eat my words - I would definitely do this again. Can't wait for the next one girls!

The tags on our shoes is how they clocked your time. My goal was to run it in 2 hours and 10min and I am proud to say I beat my goal and ran under that

I wasn't sure if Shayne was going to be able to get there with all the road blocks and traffic. I was soooo happy to see him waiting for me at the finish line - thanks babe for the support. If you can see behind us it was quite crazy they said there were 5,000 runners and 7,000 people there in total
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE ICING ON THE CAKE

About an hour after I got home from the race this was delivered to my door. A few months ago I helped a lady whose car was on fire (posted a few posts ago if you don't know what I'm talking about). Now mind you that was in February and she just happened to send this to me on race day with a note that read "Thanks again for saving my life, hope you are well - Diane"! Soooo sweet and so unexpected. I kept telling Shayne how I just wanted to eat fruit and nothing else sounded good so this was perfect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DDS IDOL

I couldn't end this post without writing a quick blurb about DDS idol (thanks Ally for the pic :) Every year the dental school does this huge production where they make a total mockery of American Idol and it is absolutely hilarious. A lot of time and money goes into it and the winners even get paid. We went last year and had a blast so of course were not about to miss it again this year. Wish I had more pics.
Anyway, quite a fun and eventful weekend at the Perry household - thanks for stopping by!
14 comments:
Congrats on running a half marathon! That is so cool! Garrett just ran his first two weeks ago. Looks like you had fun people to run with. :)
Congrats, Sherri! 13 miles is more than a lot of people can handle (including me). You look fantastic too. Woo! :)
Congratulations!! I am so impressed by the determination it takes to train for and actually run that far. How awesome that the fruit bouquet came on the same day!
Good for you! Congratulations on such a great run.
Way to go! Those are fun pictures!
hey! way to go! I really always have wanted to be a runner and accomplish big things like this, but i hate running! Maybe you should hit me up for it next year when you start training...i think you've inspired me!
AND...how nice of that lady to send you fruit...
AND...i just read your post about that poor little doggy. You're so nice to keep checking on her. hopefully she can find a good home thanks to your determination!
Congrats on running your half marathon that is awesome!
I had so much fun running with you guys. That is the start of your addiction to running. I knew you would love doing it and the accomplishment is so rewarding. We will for sure have to run another one together but next year for me. I only do one a year. I would do some fun 5K's if you want to do that. My legs are finally back to normal 4 days post race. Hope you are doing well.
Way to go on the marathon! You are amazing!!! Next time I want to join in.
Have I told you lately:
I LOVE YOU!
I MISS YOU!
I AM PROUD OF YOU!
Nice job on the 1/2 marathon. That's my goal this summer. First a 15k, then the 1/2.
What a great surprise to receive after the race. What a sweet lady.
Well I feel really lazy! I guess I better get my butt in gear :) Congrats on running - that's awesome
sweet! You go girl!
Hey sherri its Kim!
That is awesome that you ran a haf marathon!! Good job!
Oh and the fruit bouquet looks sooo pretty and delicious =)
Post a Comment