Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Picking We Will Go!

This past weekend I went with Ashley and her kids to pick apples at a fruit farm. Apparantly there are a bunch out here and I had been wanting to go for some time, so I finally did!
There are rows and rows of apple trees and you can just go and pick to your hearts content. You pay per bag but don't care how many you have in the bag so you better believe we stuffed it to the brim, some were even falling out!
They have almost every kind of apple available to pick. They let you sample them so you can decide. We went with the suncrisp which were these greenish, yellow ones. They are soooo good!
Just some more apples, the trees are so heavy that they start bending over. Makes them the perfect height (at least for short people like me) for picking
Cambri kept wanting to get the "one's way up high" like us.
As you pick you can eat as many as you want, and that is just what we did. The kids were especially good at it. As you can see at one point Cambri had three she was eating!
We went on a hay ride through the orchard after.
The best part was we were pulled by this beast!
Even though they say the apples will stay good in your fridge until April, we still had so many I had to cook some cause there wasn't enough room. They gave us a card with a bunch of recipes while we were there so I tried the apple crisp! Delicious!

7 comments:

Alysha said...

That looks delicious! Do you want to share the recipe? Please?!

Raquel said...

I love apple crisp! I'll have to get some of those apple recipes from you! Yummy apples!

Glass House said...

hmmmm that looks delish!!!!

Glass House said...

I have changed my Glass House blog address to : http://www.theeglasshouse.blogspot.com/ , I still have the Glass House Renovations Blog:
http://diyglasshouse.blogspot.com/

I am eventually getting rid of the janica217 address! Take note!

Bart and Krista said...

What farm was it? I went to one with my students last year? I'll have to go next year when Whitney's a little bit bigger.

Mackay Family said...

Your apple crisp looks really yummy!

Todd and Ashley said...

I miss picking apples at my grandpa's orchard back in Utah. It was nice when they were FREE! Looks like you guys had fun. I love apple crisp, even if it's not my husband's favorite. I may have to make soon it sounds so good.