When it rains it pours, bad things come in threes, a stroke of bad luck, kick em when they're down, pouring salt on a wound, call it what you will but you know you've had a bad day when.....
-----------------------------------------
-One of your good friends unexpectedly passes away in an unfortunate accident (see post below).
----------------
-You wreck your car that same day and come away without a scratch wondering why you were spared and not her.-----------------
-2 days later your other car is wrecked.----------------
-You lose your wallet and then your husband loses his.--------------
-It's 1 am and every hotel you go to is booked or the reservationist is straight off the special bus and can't figure out how to book you a reservation.
---------------------------------------------
We are trying to make lemonade out of all these lemons and hopefully we can laugh about it all soon.
---------------------------------------------
To keep from having to tell this tale 100 times I am blogging it here so for a more detailed explanation read on.
---------------------------------------------
Our bestest friends Paul and Emily were coming for a visit from Utah for his birthday. I must start by saying these guys were such troopers considering the circumstances it was a less than ideal vacation for them, if they could even call it one at all. They made all these situations bearable and kept us laughing through it all, so thanks guys we sure love ya!!
Come back soon but not on July 15th :)
-----------------------------------------------------
I was on my way to pick our friends up from the airport. I was driving on the 70 freeway in the far left lane. To start there were cars behind me, one on my right and the cement barrier on the left. All of a sudden there were 2 queen mattresses in my lane and I had no choice but to hit them. I hit them head on going about 65 I didn't break much because I knew if I did the car behind me wouldn't have time to stop. I flew over the mattresses (yes my entire car was in the air in evil kenevil fashion) I landed on the nose and from what I can remember spun across all three lanes of oncoming traffic about 3 times. I ended up backwards on the freeway as a semi truck was heading straight for me. He missed me by an inch and then I cranked my wheel around which then slammed me into the cement barrier and my car died. 2 wonderful people stopped because they witnessed the whole thing. One guy was another semi truck driver on the other side of the freeway. The other was the man 2 cars behind me. After he made sure I was ok these were his exact words, "That was crazy, I have never seen anything like that before I don't know how you are alive right now!!!" The other guy said the same thing and noone, myself included could believe that I spun across 3 lanes of traffic without any of the cars hitting me or causing any other wrecks. Needless to say apparently it was not my time to go and I truly believe that an angel carried me through it.
If you can imagine, I was pretty hysterical but let me just explain that it was partly due to the fact that one of my amazing friends had just been struck by a car that morning and killed.
I frantically called Shayne more worried about who would pick up our friends than myself or the car. We made it home but I don't think I slept much that night as I replayed the wreck over and over in my mind.
--------------------------------------
The next morning we decided to head to Washington DC as planned. Other than hitting a bit of traffic we ended up getting there in one piece. We had tons of fun in DC and crammed as much in as we could. 2 days later we were heading out of DC and stopped for a quick lunch. When we came outside a parking meter was sitting on the hood of our car. A man had jumped over 2 curbs and hit the parking meter and our car. He says his foot slipped and he hit the gas instead of his brake. So here we are in DC on our way home and the car is not driveable. We had it towed and decided rather than head home we would continue with our original plan to go to Cedar Point (yes brave I know). We weren't about to let anything ruin our trip and at this point we needed some cheering up so we pressed on.
---------------------------------------
Since we spent half the afternoon figuring out towing and a new rental car we did not get to Sandusky until about 1 am. We didn't have a hotel yet and so drove around forever. This part won't sound that bad unless you were there and knew how tired we were after a long drive and all the events thus far. Some hotels were sold out and others that weren't seriously had the weirdest people working. I guess we shouldn't have expected much at that hour but nobody could help us get a room. When we were finally ready to give up and sleep in the car we finally found a place. It wasn't the nicest but we didn't care, we just wanted sleep at that point.
----------------------------------------
Of course it didn't end there, the icing on the cake, are you ready?
We woke up the next morning to find that I had lost my wallet - (luckily it was recovered later) and Shayne losing his as well (also recovered). Just one more thing to add to the craziness of the weekend. We had a great time at Cedar Point with no problems and even made it home without a wreck. Although it was a crazy few days we still found time to have fun and make some great memories. There is always a silver lining and noone was ever hurt which we are so greatful for.
----------------------------------------
Hopefully it's done pouring but I think I need a personal umbrella just in case, or maybe I should just start walking everywhere.
----------------------------------------
Pictures of this unforgettable experience to come shortly so stay tuned!!





16 comments:
ahhhhhhhh Sherri! I can't believe all of this! First and foremost I am just so glad that you are okay. It seriously makes me sick to think what could have happened. So SO glad you are safe. I just want to give you a hug!
OH, MY GOSH. What is up with all that. You will be a queen of girl's night outs' "the one with the best worst story." You know waht I mean, right?
So glad you're okay...that is terrifying. I'm amazed that you can remember all of that during that traumatic time. Pretty sure Bunny was looking out for you too.
First we are glad you guys are o.k. and second wow. I thought we had bad luck days! You guys for sure had a few bad things happen. I am so sorry about your friend that is so sad. I hope things get better soon.
That sucks sherri! I am glad you were okay and did not get hurt!
wow. Glad you are ok Sherri. That story made me nervous just reading it! I hope the craziness dies down a bit soon!
I am so glad to hear that you are ok!!! I am relieved that you are able to tell the story, as terrible as it is. I hope that everything gets better for you. Love ya!!
Oh Sherri, that is a series of unfortunate events. I'm so glad you are okay! Maybe there are many really really good things to come in the future. (Not that it makes this better, but some good luck would help!)
I cannot believe it! I am so glad you all survived! Especially you...you are a walking miracle girlie! What an amazing adventure and story to tell...life is going to be so boring now...in a good way, right!
so happy you guys are all right. minus the life-endangerment, i can say amanda and i have had our share of really bad things at one time. BUT it made us stronger and will do the same for you. if you need anything at all - please let us know. even though we haven't seen you in over a year and sadly only live 20 minutes from you, we hope you still consider us friends!!
I still just can't believe it. I get chills every time I think about the story. I am SO happy you are fine and that you guys survived your crazy weekend with your friends in town.
that really is such a CRAZY series of events. i'm so glad you didn't get hurt in the wreck, you definitely had more than one angel at that point, i'm sure! your friends might think twice before they come to visit again ;) yeah, walking sounds like a good idea....and maybe one of those really hot/ in style chains to hook to your wallets?!?! :)
Sherri! WOW! I got chills reading this. I am SO happy you are ok, and that you left the scene with nothing wrong! What a miracle! Thinking of you and hope the next few weeks get better and the process of dealing with the mess of everything, goes smoothly for you guys. We love you!
There truly are angels among us... how could there not be after hearing stories like yours! I seriously cannot believe that. I told Andrew to and he was like, "are you kidding me!" We're glad you are both ok! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend... Andrew said her service was really great. Well, you guys be safe and stop driving would ya. ;)
I cannot believe these stories Sherri! I am so glad you both are ok-truly! I'm not sure what to call it, ironic for lack of better word, but why do bad things all come at once. Again I am SO glad you are ok.
WOW!!! I can't even believe all you have been through. Hope all is well with you guys.
Much Love!
Post a Comment