Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Party Hardy

I don't know about you all but here in Columbus we partied hard this year for Halloween and had so much fun. Much better from last year when we didn't even see our husbands on Halloween at all.
First up pumpkin carving - We look forward to this every year - well Sherri does anyway :)
We went to the Davis' and had yummy soup (thanks Quel) and watched a movie while we carved
Shayne doesn't love the carving part so much so he scoops out the guts, which Sherri hates anyway, and then Sherri usually does the carving Gutting the pumpkins - Shayne loves to have the baked seeds after
This is where Shayne and James ended up when they were through to finish the movie!
I love this girl (Lexie Heaton) she is so dang cute
ARRRGH Matey! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here they assign different cities days for trick or treating (weird I know) ours was the day before Halloween. Not sure what your neighborhood does for Trick or Treating but ours apparently does this.......................... HOT AIR BALLOONS!
It was really cool, we walked outside and there were 3 balloons that were in the middle of our condo complex. They kept lighting them up and were handing candy out to the kids from the baskets, it was fun - only in Columbus!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Halloween we had a sports themed party. We may have just as well had a spandex party since that seemed to be the popular trend. Shayne went as Lance Armstrong and Sherri went as Alan Iverson (or so she said, she didn't exactly look the part but he is her favorite player) Sherri made a creepy themed dinner and it was lots of fun. Thanks everyone for dressing up, what a great time! THE MENU
THE PEEPS & THEIR COSTUMES
The next day we went to our friend's (the Whipple's) house for another party. They had yummy food and we played some really fun games, we were boring and wore the same costumes!
Raggedy Ann and Andy
Hicks (since some of you don't know these guys FYI that makes this even funnier - their last name really is Hicks)

13 comments:

Heather Jones said...

It sounds and looks like you had a blast Halloween is the best. Love all the costumes. Did ya see the Utes game last night? Sooo good Yeah!1

Jason and Ashlee said...

I love the costumes and the fun menu -so creative. That is pretty neat about the ballons right in your complex. It's a little different from the norm, but a good memory i'm sure. You guys look good!!

Raquel said...

So much fun! October is a fun month and I am also glad that our husbands weren't nerds this year! Your hard work for the party was worth it, it was so fun!

Ben and Natalie said...

Nice spandex Shayne!! ha ha It looks like you guys had a really good time as usual. I can't believe that you neighborhood does hot air balloons. That is fun. So vomit dip? That is disgusting even though it is just cheese. GROSS!! I will try to give you a call this weekend so that we can catch up. :)

Tiff-E said...

Fun stuff! I love all your menu items...we'll have to try some of those next year...when Kaylie can really appreciate the grossness...is that a word?

Taunya and Ian said...

What a fun Halloween Weekend you had! Good Job on the rollo game-you guys dominated! We need to hang out again!

Todd and Ashley said...

Love all the costumes, we were sad we couldn't come to the Whipples party. We had Todd's dad in town that weekend. Looks like you all had fun.

Josh and Tracy Wilson said...

Looks like you guys had a FUN Halloween. It is fun to see the different things that they do there... although I don't quite get the trick-or-treating on the different days :) But I love all of the ewie gooey gross food. Fabulous job!!

Kara said...

Love the party theme! At first I thought maybe Shayne was part of the special olympics team with that helmet, but biker makes sense too...

Mackay Family said...

Love your Halloween menu! What a cute idea. Your costumes were great. What a fun Halloween!

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love Halloween.

Bart and Krista said...

I am posting a comment b/c I am checking your blog. You are a faithful blogger and a dang good party planner. I love that you put in all that work. It was so much fun. Thank you so much!

Glass House said...

your blogs are always so much fun!!!