Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

We had our first snow storm yesterday and I was so thrilled. It was nothing like the snow storms we are used to in Utah (only about 4 inches, which apparently is a lot for Ohio) but, I figure if it's going to be cold, cloudy and brown all the time we might as well have snow to brighten it up a bit. It finally made it feel more Christmasy too. However, there was one downfall........Ohioans do not know how to drive in the snow!!! You would think they had never seen snow before. I can say this aloud because anyone that is from here will be the first to admit it. I know they don't get snow all the time but they get it often enough you'd think they would learn. Let me just paint a picture for you when I say they don't know how to drive: A normal 15min drive to work for me took 2 hours, why? I don't know. I think part of the problem is they don't plow the streets well at all, but still it was only 4 inches, c'mon! Anyway, I am done venting regardless of the awful driving I still love the snow. 
The best part of the day was watching the dogs in the snow, they were so cute. Belle apparently loves the snow, she kept going out and playing in it, then coming in to get warm and wanting to go right back out. This is weird for Belle because she normally hates going outside no matter what the weather. Zoey on the other hand who usually wants to go outside any chance she can get was not so thrilled, she played for a minute but it was too cold for her. She came right back in whining and shaking and wouldn't go back out. Funny how opposite they are.

5 comments:

brittani c. said...

As a fellow Ohioan, I laugh at the people up here in Toledo. I heard that they canceled the school districts with only a few inches of school. Wow, is all I can say. You'd have to get 20 inches in Utah because they're plowing roads at 2 a.m. Such things we take for granted.

Ben and Natalie said...

Oh your cold weather and ice storms are coming. Just wait to see how they all function in the icestorms. They don't plow the roads out here either. They are lucky to plow the main roads but don't even think about plowing the neighborhood roads. It is messy out here. We actually don't have any snow because it warmed up and we got rain for 2 days. Now it is ugly and brown everywhere.

Sara said...

I sure love the snow too but I know what you mean about people not knowing how to drive in the snow!! So frustrating when you are trying to get to work huh! I have to say they were a lot better this year(still have a long ways to go) plowing and salting the roads. They were so not prepared last year. It seriously took me 3 hours to get home from work one night.

Heather Jones said...

I am glad you have your hubby back I would hate haveing Todd so busy I did not see him mostly cause I would get no relief from the three kids!!! I love the snow but, hate driving in it I am scared to death of what people around me are going to do!!!

April said...

Thanks for your comment! You might be surprised what Shayne would do. But since you are a nurse you could probably do it yourself!